Monday, December 7, 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving with the Young side of our family this year. I had siblings back from Wyoming, Colorado and Ames. We don't get many opportunities to get everyone together at the same time, so it was pretty special....dogs and all! We all crashed at my folks for a couple days like the old days. No one wanted to miss out on the night-time bonfires outside or Templeton Rye. June wore her "turkey crown" over to Grandma and Grandpa's for the occasion. She and I crafted this out of construction paper and glue sticks before the holiday. On each feather June said what she was thankful for: Blanket, Yellow, Dad, Mom, Ice Cream, Me (her), Olive.

While at the Young's, we also squeezed in a little Christmas gift exchange. If you know my family, gifts are very humble, sometimes homemade, and definitely unusual. "Whaat is that?" is often blurted out when someone opens a gift. I love the simplicity of the season with more of an emphasis on family being together and the true meaning of Christmas. Here are a few photos to help recap the weekend:



June opening the Dora Art Set she has been begging me for for about a month. Thanks Uncle Jubil...we have used the giant glue stick everyday since. :)

Grandpa Bob pulling out the amazing golf bag stand handmade by Justin. Justin is quite the woodsmith...every year you cross your fingers that he draws your name for gifts. Grandpa's opening moment was a little like the Christmas Story movie leg lamp reveal...Bumpus hounds and all.


We aren't really sure what this is Jesse opened. But we know that the Chargers are #1 and someone is missing a glove. (Note June in her own little world in the back drooling over her new art supplies.)

Jenny, you will probably kill me for posting this picture...but man was I glad you got the toilet seat and not our family. Bob has been busy in his garage. Can you tell?

Nellie displaying a deer themed shot glass, I think. Nell shot and cleaned her first dear with a girlfriend the other week. Yeah, that's exactly what my girlfriends and I love to do together. She brought it on DVD to show everyone, too. Eww.

Jubil snuggling Danielle and trying on a new cycling cap.

No comments: