Wednesday, January 23, 2013




Just a few random things from the Piepel house....


 Faye and I have been pretending "school" for about 40 minutes on the days June is in school. She really gets into doing workbooks. I love watching her try sooo hard to write and draw perfectly. Her chubby fingers sometimes shake when she tries extra hard and she likes to have her nose three inches from the paper. Just so intense! I love this girl's determination.

 Matt was out of town on business for 4 days last week. It was a big deal to us, as he rarely has to travel. I'm not sure he's ever been gone more that one night since Faye was born. Anyway, the girls (and myself) were ecstatic to pick him up at the airport on Wed night. They, well kind of all of us, wore pajamas and winter coats. The girls occupied the time by dancing very passionately to the terminal music in the wide open spaces. We owned the place!! Matt came home tired and happy to see his ladies. And yes, pregnant mom was exhausted. :)

I got my first valentine! June was so excited to pull this out of her backpack on Monday. She didn't even make it to the car without fishing it out first. The inside read, "I love you Mom. xoxo June." She was pretty excited to explain what "xoxo" meant.

Saw this quote the other day. It is what our family is all about. So simple and lots of love.

“In the tapestry of childhood, what stands out is not the splashy, blow-out trips to Disneyland but the common threads that run throughout and repeat: the family dinners, nature walks, reading together at bedtime, Saturday morning pancakes.”
― Kim John Payne

No comments: