Thursday, February 14, 2013

Poor Junebug. She has been hit with every winter bug possible this past month or so. We finally have met with an ENT and decided it's time for those tonsils and adenoids to go! Now to keep this sweety healthy until the big day. Pre-op exam is Feb. 20th and the surgery is scheduled for Feb. 27th. She is sooo ready to start feeling better and sleeping better. Last night she got out of bed to ask for a drink of water. She said "My froat is really beggin' for some water, mom." Makes me melt. Today she told me she knows how she got sick again. She made a get-well-soon card for her friend Vincen at school to make him feel better. She thinks that when she gave it to him his germs just crawled right into her throat (froat). While crazy Faye naps, we are snuggling in Mom and Dad's bed with heart shaped jelly beans, cartoons and sticker books.
Speaking of crazy Faye...whew, talk about bouncing off the walls. I try to keep her separated from June as much as possible. She can be a little instigator for attention during all of this. I kept her busy with pop-beads this morning for maybe 30 minutes. She decorated me for Valentines Day. It was painfully fun.
"I feel pretty...oh, so pretty...." She was quite disappointed when I dislodged the earrings to make heart-shaped sandwiches for lunch. Oh, what a special Valentine's Day. My heart feels full today. Does yours?


No comments: