We've had a crazy week at the Piepel house. It turns out that June is on her 5th case of strep. Ugh. It's so hard to tell with her when she isn't feeling her best. She never gets a high temp or any symptom that would be really obvious. Oh no, of course not. Instead June likes to act it out. :) She bites, throws 1.5 hour tantrums, hits the dog...on and on and on. Yes, Grandma, this sweet little thing can act like a spider monkey when she doesn't get the Sponge Bob cup (with only juice and in the living room) that she wanted. Feeling really exhausted yesterday, and running out of tricks, soothing and ignoring techniques, I loaded up my little time bomb to see the doctor. So now we are treating the entire family, including Olive. No more strep! While on phone to the vet this morning, June tiptoed upstairs behind my back. I could hear "Mamma! Mamma!" in the background as I talked to Dr. Komito about how much Olive weighed. After hanging up, I went to find June sitting at the computer chair trying to reach the mouse. "Email, Mamma!" Oh, no...it's begun. The next thing she will be doing is sending text messages from her toy phone.
Friday, March 27, 2009
We've had a crazy week at the Piepel house. It turns out that June is on her 5th case of strep. Ugh. It's so hard to tell with her when she isn't feeling her best. She never gets a high temp or any symptom that would be really obvious. Oh no, of course not. Instead June likes to act it out. :) She bites, throws 1.5 hour tantrums, hits the dog...on and on and on. Yes, Grandma, this sweet little thing can act like a spider monkey when she doesn't get the Sponge Bob cup (with only juice and in the living room) that she wanted. Feeling really exhausted yesterday, and running out of tricks, soothing and ignoring techniques, I loaded up my little time bomb to see the doctor. So now we are treating the entire family, including Olive. No more strep! While on phone to the vet this morning, June tiptoed upstairs behind my back. I could hear "Mamma! Mamma!" in the background as I talked to Dr. Komito about how much Olive weighed. After hanging up, I went to find June sitting at the computer chair trying to reach the mouse. "Email, Mamma!" Oh, no...it's begun. The next thing she will be doing is sending text messages from her toy phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment