Thursday, August 23, 2012

What a better way to end the summer with a trip to the Iowa State Fair! The girls loved it this year.

Highlights for June:
Life-sized chocolate moose, Snow White in butter, face painting and corndogs

Highlights for Faye:
Running in the garden tunnel, sitting on a John Deere tractor with Dad, face painting and corndogs

Highlights for Matt:
Sitting on every single tractor, a beer and BBQ before noon, seeing Faye's reaction to the Clydesdales

Highlights for Hanna:
Free coffee samples, people watching, the garden with the girls

Faye requested Spiderman and a rainbow.

She ate the entire thing.

His smile looks like he got a Red-Rider BB gun for Christmas.


"Mom, is Dad ever going to get off those tractors?"

Faye, not so delicately, caught a butterfly at the butterfly house.

June loved wearing the butterflies.

I don't know why these pumpkins gross me out so much. All I can think of is "morbidly obese" and "flesh".  Ughh! I know that is a strange thought that was probably best to keep to myself. Now you know how I feel about large fair pumpkins.

The garden tunnel is so fun for the girls. They went through about 12 times. They even gave guided tours to random apprehensive fair kids.


Making friends at the butterfly garden.

June is in awe over the Snow White butter sculpture.

No comments: