Sunday, November 18, 2012

Last weekend we finally took the girls to see the High Trestle Trail Bridge. For those of you don't know, it's one of Iowa's bike trails with a very cool revamped railroad bridge. It is a half-mile long, the bridge rises 13 stories (130 feet) and has beautiful valley views of the Des Moines river and fields. At night the bridge has lights and is a completely different experience. I've ridden it at midnight with my little brother and his boring PT friends. Very cool. I highly recommend this ride. Anyway, we took the kiddos during the day (60 mile per hour winds) and had a blast. I think in the spring we have to try a night ride....oh, wait...do you think newborns would enjoy this? Ha ha. 
 






 This photo was from a year ago when Matt and I rode out to the bride on a date night.

That evening, we kept the party going and went to a dollar movie and Great Plains Pizza in Ames. There is something so cool and a bit romantic about taking your kids to one of your old college hangouts. The girls were tired from our action packed day.

No comments: