Tuesday, December 11, 2012

 Faye's second trip to the dentist! You would have thought the dental assistant had handed her gold when she looked at her new Winnie the Pooh toothbrush. She doesn't really even care about Pooh, but whoa does she like to brush! She did wonderful and even sat through the drill-sounding cleaning.

 Junebug, is usually a poster child at the dentist. But this time they got her warmed up with her first set of x-rays first. She was less than thrilled. I stood by Faye and watched June through the hallway having her photos taken with a mouthful of plastic. My crossed eyes and tongue out goofy faces weren't even cracking the slightest smile. She was very serious. I thought she looked so tiny in the x-ray apron with her feet dangling from the chair. Precious.

 We have a leaner! Yes, our tree has been crooked since day one. You would think Matt or myself would fix it...hasn't happened yet. We are too busy washing dishes, painting baby rooms, wiping faces, folding laundry, scrubbing toilets, wiping up fingerprints.......blah blah blah.....I think we are just fine with a little imperfection. I haven't even corrected the fact that when decorating our tree the girls love to hang about 5 ornament in the same spot. Makes me smile. Anyway, here is our lovely tree.

This drawing also makes me smile. By the way, have you ever noticed June's hands? They are ALWAYS stained like a rainbow.

Before I go back to enjoying the nap hour, I have one more sweet thing to share. I wish I would have seen Faye's eyes the day the snow was gone. Matt had gone in her room to get her from a nap and she was peering out her window as she always does. She looked at him SOOOOO sad and told him "It's gone. The snow, it's gone." She had the biggest brownest puppy dog eyes ever. Yes our little skiff of snow melted. No worries Faye, I'm sure we will see some in Minnesota at Christmas.

No comments: