Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lookin' good Faye. Lookin' good.

Random Tuesday:

• At lunch today I heard June say very loudly "FAYE!! You're interupting Leon!!" Made me laugh.

• I got into a shopping cart fender bender today at Target. I was parading down the isle with my three wild animals and BAM!! An old lady, looking 90ish and wearing a long denim shirt pulled up to her boobs, completely rammed into me. She was talking on her cell phone! Ha ha ha! I heard her giggle and say to the person on the other line "Oh, I just ran my cart into someone. Are you still there?" She had classic cell phone tunnel vision and just kept shuffling along with her spouse quietly shuffling behind. I let out a loud "sheesh!" and looked for candid cameras. Made me laugh.

• Leon has soggy socks. It's cold enough in Iowa for him to be sporting some hand-me-down tubes socks (courtesy of the Weeses). He really likes tasting his toe jam lately, hence the really wet socks. Made me laugh.

• Marley (Olive) has really done it this time. I'm about to drop her off at Saylorville and hit the gas. We are/were having chili for supper. While nursing a baby, I heard a really strange low voice or something coming from downstairs. June, who was drawing in her room, said she heard it too. We looked out the window to see if we had a visitor. Hmmmm. Nope. Twenty minutes later...two kids asleep....I go downstairs to fetch my Nalgene. It smells really strange and unpleasant. The $%&!# dog has upchucked the entire log of raw chuck beef. AHHHGGHH! I said every swear word I know and it didn't magically disappear. So I called Matt, of course, to complain about HIS dog and how I need to wear a super mom cape. Breathe. Well, it's disinfected and the dog won't stop staring at me. I played the staring game back with a scowl. Damn she's good. Not a blink. DID NOT MAKE ME LAUGH.

It's noon. I can't wait for the excitement that is waiting for us this afternoon.

No comments: