Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Matt was assigned a work trip to Indiana for an entire week. Oh boy! With somewhat short notice, I quickly stocked up on easy kid foods, new library books and wine. :) We made it without any large hiccups. (Dog escaped but came back, no thunderstorms...)

 Kids decided to jump in the water at Big Creek instead of just wading with their feet. From the looks of this photo, you can tell Mom made them go home. :) Note to self: next time, we will bring suits and sand toys.

 We toured the Valley Junction Art Festival! June and Faye enjoyed their 2 minutes of fame with a street performer. June handled the mic like a pro. Put it back in the stand and everything. Ha!

 We curled hair and beautified ourselves for dance pictures. June suddenly looked 14. Yikes.

We went to the zoo with Grandma and Grandpa! I only took a few photos. Whoops. Faye looked especially sweet on this toad. Leon, although not shown, loved the zoo most of all. He can scream "ZOO!!!"

 Leon ate his fair share of sand while Dad was away. Hey, you know we really all just let our hair down. I let the girls buy Captain Crunch cereal so why would I not let Leon eat sand? He was just sprayed with the hose by his sisters in this photo. Didn't bring him down a bit. Mmmmm sand...good.


And after the crazy, wild week, my peonies decided to bloom. Ahhh.


Matt made it home at 11:00 Saturday night. He showed up with beers and a salad. Two things I guess he missed...but not as much as his family. The children promptly woke up at 5:30 am, turned on his bedside lamp and snuggled dad.

No comments: