Monday, August 15, 2011
Just a few things bunched into one post here.....
June is washing dishes now. Takes some major patience from mom. :) I basically rewash when she's done but she loves feeling helpful. I love her eagerness to help as well. I'm having flashbacks of all those summers with chore lists growing up. I CAN'T WAIT.
This is June's sunflower she planted. We check on it daily.
We took a camping trip finally!!! The girls loved it. It was a hilarious experience. Faye was out of the pack-n-play crib for the first time. (Bad decision) The tent looked like an amoebic blob as she threw her little body against the sides in sheer delight for about 2 hours. June was quite persistent on getting Faye to climb inside her princess sleeping bag. Meanwhile, Matt and I guzzled wine by the fire. Olive was an anxious train wreck from the lightening and the fireworks being set off. Somehow we thought we would all sleep soundly in our 4 man tent. Hmmm. Thank you God for the thunderstorm! We ended up pulling girls out of the tent at 10 and going home. It was the best decision ever made. Rain or not, we had fun. June and Faye dug in the mud for hours, collected sticks, played soccer, ate smores and spaghetti O's (organic, I will add)....I saw Faye fall about 5 times with a giant smores in hand. It didn't touch the ground once!
A turtle friend we found. June named him Joey and fed him popcorn, fruit snacks and ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment