Wednesday, May 23, 2012

 In case you haven't heard, Grandpa Bob got a camper for us to use this summer! We think it is quite hilarious and going to be endless amounts of fun. When you start driving a mini-van you enter into a new category as a parent. When you have a 1993 Coleman pop-up Iowa camper.....you enter a category that only some can dream of. I'm thinking of making a few cut-offs from my old jeans for the summer. Matt is getting a tattoo with my name in it and a rose. Faye is going to stop wearing shirts outside. And June...hmmm, maybe she will work on getting a permanent KoolAid mustache. Anyway, here are a few shots of our maiden voyage. (Sorry if I'm being offensive, I'm making fun of myself really. It was my childhood. My dad doesn't have any tattoos that I know of. But ask him about his Beach Boys joke.)

Matt drank so many beers and completely exhausted himself setting up our awning. This is how we found him when we came back from the playground. 
 
 Faye tasting her first Jester Park dirt. Mmmmm.


If June looks tired, she is. Little sister kept her up until 10:00 the first night. Faye can really get the pop-up to rock.

Faye now tasting her first smore. Not a messy treat at all.

Who can resist the mini boxes of sugar cereal when camping. My husband cannot. The girls were in heaven with the "treats" he secretly stashed in the camper.

We ended up having a great time. We went close to home for this first trip and stayed two nights. I can see so many memories the girls are going to have from this summer.  More stories to come!!


No comments: